Sunday, April 19, 2009

New KindleFeeder Feature

How cool is this? I'm catching up on my KindleFeeder RSS feeds last night and I had an idea to improve the service. My feeds are automatically delivered every morning at 6AM. I could choose a different time but I like to get the latest as early in the morning as possible. But what about those times when I'm about to hop on a plane and I'd like any updates that have hit since 6AM?

If time permits (and it never does) I could boot my computer, head to kindlefeeder.com and have it push an update to me. But it would be even better if I could request the update from my Kindle, within the KindleFeeder file/feed itself.

I sent this idea to Dan Choi, the guy behind KindleFeeder, and he implemented it overnight. So now there's an extra link on the first KindleFeeder screen that says, "Trigger a new wireless delivery". I just tried it and it works perfectly. The next time I board a plane I'll just pull out my Kindle, click that link and I'll have all the latest feeds before I even take my seat. Very slick!

I've said it before but I'll say it again: If you're not using KindleFeeder you're missing out. I use it every day and totally love the service. Btw, if you want to follow Dan Choi on Twitter you'll find him here.

3 comments:

James Kingman said...

I just saw another big change at Kindlefeeder today. The Preminum Plan has gone from $5 a month (60.00 a year) to a much more user-friendly one time fee of $20 a year. The Flickr like one time fees always seem to grab more members for things like this. I will probably do it for sure now!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see the link "Trigger a new wireless delivery" on the first screen. Am I doing something wrong or it's not widely implemented yet?

Joe Wikert said...

It should appear directly below the "Go straight to first item" link. Are you seeing that?