Thursday, February 7, 2008

Waterfield's Kindle Cases

The Kindle news front has been pretty quiet since the device's launch last November. So quiet that it makes you wonder... (Gee Amazon, could you guys please hurry up and figure out how to manufacture more of these?!)

At any rate, I see Waterfield's has just announced a line of carrying cases for the Kindle. They range from $27 for a slip case to $49 for a travel case. Is this the first, legitimate third-party add-0n for the Kindle?...

Btw, it reminds me of a time back in 1984 when I bought one of the first original Macs. (Why did 128K of RAM seem like more than you'd need in a lifetime back then?) After plunking down $2,500 for the base unit (at Graham's Computer, long since out of business) I couldn't resist forking over another $500 for a state-of-the-art dot matrix printer. One of the first add-ons I found was a Mac carrying case. I'm pretty sure it set me back another $150. I still have all of this in my basement and keep threatening to turn the Mac itself into an aquarium, a MacQuarium, if you will.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like you can actually use the Kindle inside any of those cases. It took me a while to break in the cover it came with, but now I keep it in there most of the time. Works great.