Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Remix, by Lawrence Lessig

I just noticed that Lessig's next book, Remix: Making Art and Commerce Thrive in the Hybrid Economy, is due out tomorrow. I thoroughly enjoyed one of his earlier books, Free Culture, and couldn't resist the Amazon 1-click pre-order process for Remix...it should be on my Kindle tomorrow.

Btw, this means I just broke a firm Kindle rule I thought I'd abide by forever: It's the first time I've bought a book for more than $9.99. Oh well. I guess we all have favorite authors we're willing to pay a premium for.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Joe and I had the same rule until we really wanted the book. My "first time" (blush) was with Clayton Christensen's "Disrupting Class"; I assumed it was the Harvard pedigree that I was paying for. Now I want Kwame Anthony Appiah's "Think It Through" but that puppy costs $34. I just keep saying to myself "you like it better on the Kindle, you like it better on the Kindle..."