Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What e-Publishers Should Do for Readers

Here's a link to an excellent post on the Dear Author blog. It's the top 10 things e-publishers should do for their readers. To be fair, it's a mix of items for both e-publishers and e-retailers. As a publisher who has been involved in a number of e-projects, I definitely agree with all 10 of these recommendations. That doesn't mean I've always followed them though, unfortunately.

As a consumer, I absolutely love the "buy for a friend" feature that's #3 on the list. Then again, I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the Kindle content I buy for myself -- I can't imagine how far behind I'd get if others were also buying me books and magazines!

1 comments:

Paul said...

Good list. I'm with you -- #3 is my favorite. Every Christmas my wife buys a few books for me and I love being surprised by her picks. Not gonna happen now with the Kindle.