Saturday, December 8, 2007

Welcome to Kindleville!

Consider this my "hello, world" post for this new blog, Kindleville.

Why the name "Kindleville"? My goal is to turn this into a site that's everything Kindle: News, bestseller lists, videos and much, much more.

I'm a book publisher by day and a book lover by night. Although I think Kindle Version 1.0 is far from perfect, I'm excited to see what Amazon has in store for us with versions 2.0, 3.0 and beyond.

Kindleville is an outgrowth of my Publishing 2020 blog, where I provide analysis and opinions about the publishing and content worlds. Once Kindle was released I found the urge to blog more about it than anything else in our industry; I decided to launch this new blog rather than change the focus of Publishing 2020.

5 comments:

Fran Toolan said...

Joe,

good luck with this. And, let me know if you want some help. This past Friday night, my company gave me one as a Christmas present. I'll be getting it... whenever... but if you want some insights, i'm happy to share. We're also getting a couple of XO machines this Christmas in the Toolan household, so we'll have some interesting comparisons to make!

Ellen Gerstein said...

Here's the real question - is the man who changes his own oil going to shell out $400 for a Kindle? Inquiring minds want to know!

Anonymous said...

Great idea Joe. I'm a happy Kindle owner, and look forward to following and participating on this blog.

thanks,
michael
http://mp.blogs.com

Joe Wikert said...

Hi Fran. I'd definitely like to do a blog interview with you after you've had the Kindle for a bit. Drop me an e-mail when you're ready!

Ellen, well, I actually haven't changed my own oil in a few years now but you've got me thinking...maybe I should go back to doing it myself after all!

Michael, thanks for stopping by. Please let me know if there are any topics or angles you'd like to see covered here.

Anonymous said...

I've had my Kindle for about a week now and I'll look forward to your insights and discussions. I have a posted a review and some various other thoughts on the Kindle at my blog: http://interface.puhala.com